Tuesday, November 23, 2010

malaria and e.coli

Ray flew to Geneva last week for meetings with the World Council of Churches (WCC) and I got sick with malaria and e. coli. Now if that's not a nasty combination I don't know what is. After three restless nights in the hospital with endless bags of fluid, antibiotics, and anti-malarial drugs via IV, I was rehydrated and cleared of my various uncomfortable (to say the least) symptoms. Thankfully I have a network of friends that spent the nights with me (helping me to move my IV line in and out of my mosquito net on my trips to the toilet), brought me boiled potatoes (when I couldn't stomach the thought of anything else, particularly not the smoked fish in some brown sauce that the hospital served), and managed other logistics. I have been home since last Thursday and am regaining my strength. Just three weeks left before we head to Jerusalem. Lots of research and some more fun to be had before we are off!

No comments:

Post a Comment